Prevent Damage & Keep Your Chimney Leak-Free With Chimney Waterproofing
A lot of the damage we talk about on our chimney repairs page is a result of water exposure and penetration. But what’s the best way to protect your chimney and prevent chimney leaks and water-related damage? ChimneySaver Water Repellent! This product was designed to save chimneys from the perils of moisture, and we’re proud to offer this chimney waterproofing product and service to our neighbors throughout the greater Columbia area.
So, how does ChimneySaver water repellent work and why is it the best option for waterproofing your chimney?
ChimneySaver water repellent is applied to the brick and mortar of the chimney, where it provides a flexible waterproof membrane. Here’s what makes ChimneySaver the best product out there for the job:
- It’s vapor-permeable — ChimneySaver was made specifically for chimneys, which is why it’s vapor-permeable. Why is that important? The fire in your fireplace produces water vapor, and if a normal sealant is used on the chimney brick, this vapor can get trapped inside of the brick, leading to deterioration from within. ChimneySaver’s water repellent allows this vapor to escape and easily move in and out of the brick, while preventing water from entering.
- It’s eco-friendly — Unlike many sealants and paints, ChimneySaver water repellent is environmentally friendly and safe.
- It’s mildew/fungus-resistant & offers freeze/thaw protection — Much of the damage done to brick is done by mildew, fungus, or the freeze/thaw cycle that occurs as temperatures rise and fall. With ChimneySaver, your brick is protected against it all.
- It’s non-glossy — You want your chimney protected, but you don’t want its look altered. With ChimneySaver, there’s no glossy layer or color alteration, just your chimney, protected.
- It carries a 10-year warranty — When applied by a professional, ChimneySaver water repellent carries a 10-year warranty.
Ready to protect your chimney and keep leaks and repairs at bay? Call Chimney Venting Specialists at 803-602-5929 or use our online appointment request form to schedule your chimney waterproofing service with Columbia’s chimney waterproofing specialists today!