Have chimney leaks that need a look? Chimspector can help.
Dealing with Chimney Leaks? Call Columbia’s Chimney Leak Repair Experts ASAP!
Chimney leaks bring a whole host of problems and can seem to spring up out of nowhere. But these are some tell-tale signs you can be on the lookout for:
- Black stains, brick discoloration, rust, or mold growing on the exterior of your chimney
- Moldy odors coming from your fireplace
- Dripping sounds in your fireplace
- Water inside of your firebox
- Cracked or crumbling masonry
- Water damage on the ceiling or walls near your chimney
If you notice any of these symptoms or signs, give Chimspector Venting Specialists a call ASAP. Water damage can do a real number on a chimney system, from top to bottom, which is why it’s so important that you have repairs made as soon as an issue is discovered or suspected. Here are the areas of your chimney we’ll check when you suspect a leak:
Chimney Cap & Chase Cover
- Chimney Cap —The chimney cap, shroud, or chimney topper is a metal component that attaches to the top of the flue. It’s your chimney flue’s only defense against moisture, and if the cap comes loose, rusts through, or is just missing altogether, then rain, snow, and outside moisture, as well as animals, birds, and debris, will quickly get to work on your chimney system.
- Chase Cover —Just because prefabricated chimneys are different from masonry chimneys doesn’t mean they need less protection — and that’s where the chase cover comes in. The chase cover is a metal pan that covers the chimney chase and keeps water out, much like a masonry chimney’s crown does. Unfortunately, most original chase covers are made of a low-quality sheet metal that welcomes sagging and can quickly encourage water to gather and rust through the metal.
The sheets of metal at the base of the chimney are designed to keep water out of the area where the chimney exits the roof, but not every flashing installation job is a good one. We often find that flashing fails as a result of a bad installation or wind and weather damage.
Like the chase cover of a prefabricated or factory-built chimney, the crown on a masonry chimney seals off the chimney stack and keeps it free of moisture. Unfortunately, not all crowns are built properly, and even high-quality crowns can crack and allow moisture in over time.
As naturally porous materials, the brick and mortar of your chimney can take on rain and moisture, but as masonry ages and deteriorates, it can take on more and more water, leading to leaks and extensive damage.
How Do I Request a Leaky Chimney Evaluation?
Do you suspect a chimney leak? Regardless of the source of the leak, you can count on Chimspector Venting Specialists to find, stop, and prevent water problems in your chimney system fast and effectively. Call 803-602-5929 to schedule your leak inspection today!
BOOK AN INSPECTION TODAY
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Your submission is secure and private
Chimney Leaks Remediation Locations
Prioritize your home and your family’s safety with Chimspector. If you live in the following areas, we can help. Not sure if we serve you? Call us at 803-602-5929.
Reviews from Happy Homeowners
“I had a chimney leak with pretty good deal of water coming into my hearth. My neighbor referred Drew and his team to me. I called and with an inspection I was told the source of the problem. They were very responsive and within three days my problem was fixed at a very reasonable price. They also informed me of a tree limb damaging some of my roofing shingles. All estimates were provided with very good pictures of the cause of problems. I highly recommend.”
“Great experience start to finish. They came out when they said they would, did what they said they would do, and communicated along the way. Can’t ask for much more than that. My chimney was inspected and cleaned, and recommendations were made for a chimney cap and rain proofing. These were all legitimate recommendations, and since they’ve finished, i am no longer getting moisture and mildew in my chimney. Well worth the investment. I definitely recommend their services.”
“I asked friends and neighbors for suggestions on who to repair my badly leaking chimney. I called three, one showed up and gave me a ridiculously low quote without ever leaving the ground. Finally I came across Chimspector and gave them a call. Jessica scheduled the appointment and is as friendly as she can be. Drew came on site and he and the young man who came with him (sorry, his name escapes me) climbed on the roof, in the attic and in the fireplace for about an hour. They gave me a very detailed quote, scheduled the work and came back when they said they would. And there was absolutely no cost overrun. They are professionals who take their jobs seriously and their dedication to customer care shows. When they left, there was no sign they were here except a much better working and looking chimney! Thanks Drew!”
The Chimspector project photos displayed beside each review are for illustrative purposes only. Photos are produced by and belong exclusively to Chimspector Venting Specialists, but they do not necessarily represent the properties or projects associated with the reviewer.