Protect your chimney masonry from moisture accumulation and damage with professional chimney waterproofing options.
Prevent Damage & Keep Your Chimney Leak-Free With Chimney Waterproofing
A lot of the damage we talk about on our chimney repairs page is a result of water exposure and penetration. But what’s the best way to protect your chimney and prevent chimney leaks and water-related damage? ChimneySaver Water Repellent! This product was designed to save chimneys from the perils of moisture, and we’re proud to offer this chimney waterproofing product and service to our neighbors throughout the greater Columbia area.
How does ChimneySaver Water Repellent work and Why is it the Best Option for Waterproofing Chimney?
ChimneySaver water repellent is applied to the brick and mortar of the chimney, where it provides a flexible waterproof membrane. Here’s what makes ChimneySaver the best product out there for the job:
- It’s vapor-permeable — ChimneySaver was made specifically for chimneys, which is why it’s vapor-permeable. Why is that important? The fire in your fireplace produces water vapor, and if a normal sealant is used on the chimney brick, this vapor can get trapped inside of the brick, leading to deterioration from within. ChimneySaver’s water repellent allows this vapor to escape and easily move in and out of the brick, while preventing water from entering.
- It’s eco-friendly — Unlike many sealants and paints, ChimneySaver water repellent is environmentally friendly and safe.
- It’s mildew/fungus-resistant & offers freeze/thaw protection — Much of the damage done to brick is done by mildew, fungus, or the freeze/thaw cycle that occurs as temperatures rise and fall. With ChimneySaver, your brick is protected against it all.
- It’s non-glossy — You want your chimney protected, but you don’t want its look altered. With ChimneySaver, there’s no glossy layer or color alteration, just your chimney, protected.
- It carries a 10-year warranty — When applied by a professional, ChimneySaver water repellent carries a 10-year warranty.
BOOK AN INSPECTION TODAY
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Your submission is secure and private
Not Sure If Masonry or Chimney Waterproofing is Right for You?
At Chimspector, we understand how overwhelming it can be to determine exactly what you need for your chimney or ventilation system. Booking an inspection is the best way to get specific recommendations for your home. Get started by clicking one of the options below:
Chimney Waterproofing Locations
Prioritize your home and your family’s safety with Chimspector. If you live in the following areas, we can help. Not sure if we serve you? Call us at 803-602-5929.
Reviews from Happy Homeowners
“I had a chimney leak with pretty good deal of water coming into my hearth. My neighbor referred Drew and his team to me. I called and with an inspection I was told the source of the problem. They were very responsive and within three days my problem was fixed at a very reasonable price. They also informed me of a tree limb damaging some of my roofing shingles. All estimates were provided with very good pictures of the cause of problems. I highly recommend.”
“Great experience start to finish. They came out when they said they would, did what they said they would do, and communicated along the way. Can’t ask for much more than that. My chimney was inspected and cleaned, and recommendations were made for a chimney cap and rain proofing. These were all legitimate recommendations, and since they’ve finished, i am no longer getting moisture and mildew in my chimney. Well worth the investment. I definitely recommend their services.”
“I asked friends and neighbors for suggestions on who to repair my badly leaking chimney. I called three, one showed up and gave me a ridiculously low quote without ever leaving the ground. Finally I came across Chimspector and gave them a call. Jessica scheduled the appointment and is as friendly as she can be. Drew came on site and he and the young man who came with him (sorry, his name escapes me) climbed on the roof, in the attic and in the fireplace for about an hour. They gave me a very detailed quote, scheduled the work and came back when they said they would. And there was absolutely no cost overrun. They are professionals who take their jobs seriously and their dedication to customer care shows. When they left, there was no sign they were here except a much better working and looking chimney! Thanks Drew!”
The Chimspector project photos displayed beside each review are for illustrative purposes only. Photos are produced by and belong exclusively to Chimspector Venting Specialists, but they do not necessarily represent the properties or projects associated with the reviewer.